Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted. I have been busy working and when not working going to my lake place and lots of fishing. Fishing has been very good with my wife and I catching a variety of species. We have been mostly fishing bass and panfish in the daytime and walleyes in the evening. I have never done much trolling with crankbaits but it seems to be the best way to catch walleyes this year. I am getting better at it, but we seem to catch a lot of smaller ones. The bonus is that we have catch 2 muskies doing this. My wife caught her first one on our last outing. It was about 6 pounds. The water temperature is finally moving up to the point where the fish are moving to their summer patterns. I like this time of year as you can fish the deep weed lines and catch just about any species. It fun not knowing what will come to the surface.

I spent yesterday staining my deck. Debbie and Kyle worked on it on Thursday so all I had to do was the base. It was a nice day and the deck is in the shade most of the day, so it wasn't too bad. At least I won't have to worry about it again for another several years. I did get to go and play some bar poker last night. I went to my weekly game at McCann's. I had not been there for several weeks. I was card dead all night but played almost every hand until first break and made it to break with half my stack left. LOL! Tighten up a little after break. Pushed in with A-9 suited called by A-Q to end my evening. I don't take the Friday game very serious because the play is so bad that it doesn't resemble any kind of cash tournament play, so I play for fun. There was an interesting incident that happened ands other then me no one else probably even noticed. A very tight player that I have played with many times raised with the blinds at 50-100 all-in under the gun for 4750 almost 50 times the big blind. Everyone folded of course. As the chips were being pulled a discussion started about what the had. Some said AK, I said probably a pocket pair like 10's or jacks. The player is all proud and turns over two junk cards and announces " I bluffed you all ". Nobody says much and play continues and I am laughing on the inside so hard I can hardly hold back. Tight player thinks that they have bluffed us all with a 50 time the BB bet under the gun. The only person that calls that bet has one of 3 or 4 hands. Nice bluff to win 150 in chips! LOL!

Another chapter later this week.

Have a great 4th of July holiday. Be safe and catch one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment