Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bad play night!

Tonight I am going on my third night in a row running a bar game. I have a bad cold and am trying my hardest not to get people sick. I just ran the tournament on Friday and didn't play, but I like the deep stack format on Saturday so I wanted to play cold and all. On Saturday we start with a double stack of 10,000 and I run twenty minute blinds most of the night. My plan was be very aggressive early and to slow down if I got to 6000 in chips. I had a very aggressive table with almost every hand being raised and lots of big pots. No one could seem to throw any two face cards away. My early aggression did not work very well as all my raising was called by several players and I couldn't catch a break on a flop and almost always had two callers on a continuation bet. By the first break I was down to 5600 but I felt still in contention for the tournament. After break I started to get good starting hands, but I was miss playing them and being forced to fold hands that might have been best. Example is I had AK suited and I was going to raise but 4 players Had already limited in and a raise was going to get called by at least one player. Flop is A-10-2 rainbow I bet about half my chips and someone that plays somewhat tight goes over the top. I am pot committed so I call and he turns over A-2 two pair and I am out. If I had only raised like I should have preflop he would have folded and I would have still been in the game. I made the same mistake several times last night and believe that I have learned a valuable lesson. even if you think a whole bunch of people are going to call if you have a hand to raise with you better raise. We will see tonight if it has sunk in or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment