Monday, May 16, 2011

Fishing Opener

Had a nice time this weekend for fishing opener. As most of you know it rained most of the day on Saturday and I am more of a fair weather fisherman so I did some of the work getting boats ready and took my wife to a few garage sales in the Alex area. Sunday was a beautiful day. I started out early and drove across the lake to a place where the crappies and sunfish usually come in first. Water temp was still low at 50 degrees, so it's a little early for crappies. I did manage to catch a few small sunfish, but at least the sun was shining! Later in the day, Debbie and I took out our new pontoon for it's first fishing trip. It doesn't go very fast, but I think we are going to like it alot. Caught a few more small sunfish and mostly hung out enjoying the sunshine. Tried a little walleye fishing but had no luck. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off and it's supposed to be nice again so maybe next trip. Maybe next time I will remember the camera for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment