Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fun Aggression

I haven't had much time for poker this summer as I spent most of my time fishing at the lake, but that season is almost to an end so I hope to play a little over the next few months. I did get a chance to play last night and a few weeks ago. I have been experimenting with a new poker style for me. Hyper aggressive during the early stages when the blinds are low and cost benefit is also low. The last two tournaments I have played almost every hand preflop in hopes that the chips I gain will outlast the chips lost by aggressive play. I will say one thing it is a fun way to play and it is easy to put others on tilt when they are not expecting this type of play from you. I actually think the style can work. I just need to tweak it a bit and not play every hand. I like the fact that the other players can not put you on a hand and that you will get a call when you have the best hand. The down side is that players will chase you down farther for more of their chip stacks. Now last night I didn't make it to the first break, but I was happy with my play and actually lost two big pots by getting rivered. The first one I flopped two pair into a guy that had raised preflop. I reraised his continuation bet after the flop but he still called me all the way down with a flush draw but he actually went runner runner for a straight to beat me. The second hand I limped in under the gun blind only to have KK. No one raised and flop came out all low cards. I bet 3 times the pot size to try and get players out, but still got one caller. Turn was a queen so I made another big bet that the player called. River was an ace and of course he was on a nut flush draw the whole way and beat me with a pair of aces. The only good thing was that I never moved all in or I would have been out. I have been following the WSOP lately and it seems that the aggressive players are doing better. Who knows maybe it will work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment