Sunday, March 14, 2010

CMPPA Team Tournament

Yesterday was the 1st annual Team tournament. It was a very fun experience. There were 15 teams of 3 players. Three tournaments were run No-limit, Limit & Omaha Split were played. At each blind level each team member switched to a different game. Congrats to Team Monstars on the overall win with the No-limit win and Omaha runner up. For more results go to www.cmppa.com. My team won the Omaha split tournament and was 4th in limit. We will not talk about the No-limit game. LOL!

I was very happy with my overall play. I was able to build a chip stack every time on the omaha game and won the heads up against Team Monstars. My toughest game was No-Limit as I was on a table with many great players and one guy that had never played before. He played every hand and won most of his hands. It was incredible. It got to the point where you couldn't raise because he would call and outdraw you.

After the Team Tournament, I ran my regular Saturday game. I ended up doubling up early by making a great call with pocket 8's against an aggressive bettor that turned up pocket 5's. I then was able to use my big stack by aggressive play topping out at about 40,000. Then the hand of the day happended. I looked down to see pocket 10's. Player under the gun raises to 4 times the big blind. I put them on big cards like AK. I moved all-in to get to heads up. Players behinds pushes all-in for much less. Raiser calls for all thier chips. Raiser has QQ and other player has AA. OK so it was a bad place to move in. Flop is A-10-Q. LOL! We all flop a set. Wow! What are the odds of that. Needless to say I didn't hit my quads and lost 2/3's of my stack. I was able to rebuild much of my stack and managed 6th place.

It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment