Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last night was another interesting night of poker action. Sat down at my table and looked around to see all good players on the table. It made me feel sorry for the other two tables. I won a couple of hands early to get up a little over 500 chips. I look down to KK. Pot is raised by player under the gun and then called by player to my right. I raise to 1000 more to try and take it down pre flop. Raiser then reraises me. Now he is a player that would play just about any two cards and also raise and reraise with them. I am sure at this point that he has either AA, KK or QQ. I know that I am supposed to fold here and even my little inter voice is telling me he has aces. I get a count of the rest of his chips and realize that if I move all in and lose I will still have 525 chips left. With the blinds at 25-50 and the table I am playing on I am confident that if I need to I can come back from this amount. I move all in. He calls and shows his aces. I lose. Next time I will listen to that inter voice! LOL! I was right about one thing 525 chips was enough. I was able to come back and get 3rd place and actually should have won but couldn't win a race in the end with 3 players left. I am using the term players loosely here as both were terrible players that were running hot. The young kid that ended up winning with the blinds at 4000-8000 limited into almost every pot with any two cards and then called just about any raise that was made and then would hit some part of the flop and call all the way to river. I should have been more patient but have always had better luck being aggressive at the end of a tournament. Maybe next time! It's good to know that I am able to come back after making a mistake early in the tournament.
As a side note thanks to the server and bartender that finally start waiting on the poker players after my weeks of bitching about no service. Hopefully it keeps up. I would hate to lose a location due to no sales because of lack of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment