Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Player Styles

After last nights bar game at McCann's, I have come up with two more players styles. The only problem is I am not sure how a person can deal with them.

The know it all.
This is a player that must comment on every hand. He had to call he had pot odds. He may even tell you the odds. If you try and tell this person they are wrong they will argue with you until you give up because you don't want to hear about it anymore. He has an opinion on every subject and is never wrong or someone else opposing opinion is never allowed.

The I love to hear myself speak guy.
This guy never shuts up. From the minute he arrives to after he is out of the tournament. He will talk constantly. He will talk about the hand during the hand and then even more after the hand is finished. If he sucks out, he will have to explain why he called. If he losses a hand, he will have to explain why he was in. If he wins a hand he will have to tell you he knew he had the best hand.

Now image those two player styles and they are the same player. I am on tilt just thinking about it. The guy that knows it all and never shuts up! It's no wonder they play bar poker. Either their significant other sends them to play to have some peace and quite or there is no one because no one can put up with it.

How do you deal with these types of players at a poker table. Your options are few. Ask the tournament director to move. I would laugh at you and say suffer. Try and take the player out. That may create even more discussion. I think you only have three options.

1. Bring ear plugs!

2. If you have music such as an Ipod or MP3 player, turn it way up!

3. Give all your chips away and go home!

I suppose there is a 4th option. Tell the player to shut up!

Let me know how you would deal with these player styles. I would love to hear your ideas or stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment