Monday, April 26, 2010

Poker Weekend

It was a weekend full of work and poker, but I wouldn't say it was one of my better poker ones. On all three nights I was crippled early and knocked out. I am not sure if it's because of the weather but my bar poker patience has been at an all time low lately or maybe I am not getting the right reads. You be the judge.

Saturday night - Second hand of the tournament. I raise 5 times the big blind in middle position with a couple of limpers behind me. I have 9-6 of spades. Flop is Q-6-2 two spades. I bet 600 and get one caller. I put him on top pair. Turn is third spade. I bet 1200. He calls. River is nothing. I bet 2500. He calls. I turn over my flush. He turns over A-J spades for the nut flush. LOL! No reraise at any point with the nuts. Lose over half my chips on second hand. Guy that won hand plays every hand until break and ends with a huge chip stack.

Sunday night - Second hand. I am small blind. Six player limp in to me. I have A-J hearts. I raise to 250. Get four callers. Flop is A-K-Q rainbow. I bet 600. Two callers. Turn is another Q. I check. First player bets 500 and second player raises 500 more. Now I know that I should fold, but the bets are so low compared to the pot size I decided to call and see one more card and see if I can get the miracle straight card or fold. First bettor reraises 1000 more. Other player calls. Once again I know I should fold but I know have so much in the pot I call the 1000. River is a 10 my miracle card, maybe! I check hoping for the others to check. First player moves all in. Second player instantly calls. Wow, hit my miracle card but it was the wrong card. I fold my straight face up. First player turns up KK for kings full and second player turns up A-Q for queens full. LOL! I was never ahead in the whole hand. KK and AQ both limp in and then smooth call the turn bet . Got to love bar poker. I should have been able to get away from hand at several points, but the low bets and reraises made the pot odds to call so high. Over half my chips gone on second hand.

The only good part of the weekend was that I got paid to play all weekend even if I didn't get to play very long!

On a side note, I got my dock and lifts in on sunday before the game. Now it's time to start fishing. Thanks for the help Kyle and boy does my back hurt today. Only six more days until first fishing trip. It's going to be a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment