Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WSOP Main Event Coverage

A big thank you to ESPN for finally covering poker the way it should be. Showing us the ins and outs of final table play including the long heads up play. Both players were deserving of the win heads up and can't find much fault in any of their play. Even though I didn't make it quite to the end when I went to sleep I was pretty sure that Pius Heinz was going to win. So many times on TV we only see the big hands or calls and don't realize all that went into making the calls or folds. I can only hope that more events will be covered like this one. I actually didn't even get bored with all the commentary by the hosts. It must have been quite a job being on TV for that much time. I even have a new found respect for Esfandiari and his reading skills, as most of the time his hand analysis was spot on. As you all know I play a lot of free poker and when you get to heads up in free poker it generally only last a few hands not hours. Chip stacks and blind levels don't allow the kind play that we watched last night. I believe that I will be able to improve my heads up play just from getting the opportunity to watch last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment