Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pocket Hearts!

Sunday night I ran poker for the 1st time in a long while. It was actually kind of fun for a change. Sunday is not exactly a quality game and my table was filled with challenges. I continued my aggressive play and did the massive swings for the 1st two hours but did manage to make final table and then go card dead. In a way I was card dead all night but the aggressive play made up for it. They were many interesting things that happened but one stands out to me. A female player that I don't get a chance to play with much made a comment after a hand was over that just stuck with me. She said that she had called my preflop raise because she had a flush draw! LOL! Really! She had a preflop flush draw. I think we all have a preflop flush draw every hand. Sometimes it takes 3 cards sometimes four. LOL! I guess that explains a lot about her poker game. It is probably one of the most over played hand in bar poker. "pocket hearts" Having two suited cards in your hand can sometimes be a good thing but you have to realize that the odds of you hitting a flush preflop are slim. the odds of you getting suited cards are about 23%. the odds of you hitting a flush draw on flop are 11% and then you only have a 33% chance of making the flush. I am not a math expert but it seems that the odds of suited cards preflop making a flush must be under 5%. So to this women I say you keep playing your suited cards and giving me you chips. I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment