Tuesday, November 10, 2009

25 years ago today

It's hard to believe that 25 years has gone by. Where did all the time go. Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. I remember most of the day as if it was yesterday. My dad was mad because we didn't come back to the hotel room that he had bought for us for Friday night. After the rehearsal dinner, at what is now a funeral home, LOL!, we went to my then future inlaws house and got involved in a fun poker game. Deb's grandma schooled all my friends on how to give her their money. I got tired and went to bed early. In the morning we got up and went to White Castle for breakfast. Nothing like sliders and onion chips at 8:30 am. Back to the hotel to start to get ready. We were to be at the church for pictures at noon. Left for church at 11am but my friend Bob said that we had to make stop on the way. We ended up at Butch's Bar a block from the church to have a beer before the service in our tuxes. The bartender ended up buying us a second and of course we were late for pictures. Everyone at the church was wondering if I had decided not to show up. It was a nice Catholic service about 30 minutes long no communion because I was not Catholic. After we hung around and took a few more photos and we headed to reception which was held at the Hopkins VFW basement. One of things I remember is how how cold it was and that it was lightly snowing when we left. We were surprised that when we exited the church that everyone was already gone. That's what we get for getting married in November. We had ham and turkey for dinner and i remember that it cost $3 per plate and they ran out of food at the very end and a few of my relatives didn't get to eat. Good thing I got served first! It was ok I had that good slider base. We had a band that a good friend of mine was the sound man for. They did a great job and we got Darryl the sound man so drunk that he couldn't help at the end of the night. He passed out in the back of their van. We stayed and danced the whole night. It was a fun evening. Got to the hotel in Chanhassen later that night and paid for the room with all one's from the dollar dance. It was a great day filled with family and friends. Thanks Debbie for 25 wonderful years and to the next 25, may they be filled with all the love of the first.

1 comment: