Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Two outer night

I have been playing very aggressive as of late at all my bar poker games. I don't know if it is because of boredom with playing with the same people all the time or maybe I just need a short break. I am going on vacation next week so maybe that will help. Last night was my last bar game to run before vacation and I told my self that I would slow down and play a little more conservative. First hand I am big blind. It is limped to me and in the past I would raise here with any two cards because it's my big blind and I hate when a whole table limps. It gets checked all the way to the river where I hit a straight and take down the first hand. Three hands later I look down to pocket kings. It is raised by someone in early position to 200. Called by one. I raise to 1200. Everyone folds to initial better who then makes a string reraise. He is very acting strange and I immediately feel like he has aces. Someone on the table calls him on the string reraise. All I am thinking is, I am glad he made a mistake because now I get to see a flop. I am sure that I would have folded preflop with my kings, something I don't think I have ever done as of yet. Not that I won't fold kings preflop, I just have never been in the position to have to do it before. Flop is 7-8-9. He moves all in. I have him covered by a little over 200. I fold and show my kings hoping he will show his aces. He turns over JJ. I say nice play I had you on aces for sure. I am ok with how it went down and I still have over 4000 in chips and it's early. For the next hour it is all down hill from there. I go on a run of great cards. Three times I go all-in after raising then hitting a flop with the best hand. Three times a women that is a very poor player call for all her chips with a two outer or less and catches on the river. On time was runner runner to chop a pot with A-9 against my A-Q. Ace on the flop, king on the turn and then board pairs on the river. Later against someone else she takes them out when she hits another two outer on the river. At first break I am down to 800 in chips and am very dejected. I did manage to make a come back and almost make a the final table but it was a tough night for bad beats. Poker is a funny game, some nights you get great cards and lose and some nights you cards are crap and you never lose.

Have a happy thanksgiving filled with turkey, football and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment