Saturday, May 22, 2010

Craziest Poker Night Ever!

I would like to call tonight another crazy bar poker night, but that would be the mother of all understatements. It was looking like another good night of poker at McCann's tonight. There was a nice turn out and the twins game was already going so that means cheaper beer. I got all the chips and seat assignments and headed to my table. I took a look around the table and the only thing that could come was " this is going to be an interesting table" My friend Fitzwell was nodding his head as fast as he could. It only took about 10 hands for two players to go on massive tilt. One when he was rivered by a flush, but to top it off he says he only called because he had a straight flush draw. Yes, he did have a straight flush draw on the river when he caught his flush. LOL! He had called a big raise preflop and big bets each street with the 3-4 of hearts to almost get a straight flush. I did take advantage of his tilt and take him out a few hands later when he pushed with what I suspected was a weak hand and was right. Then it really started to get worst. We had a beginner player on the table that was calling a lot of hands and running incredibly hot. In the whole night she probably played over 100 hands and called many all ins. Not one time was she ahead and she maybe only lost 3 times the whole night. Here is one of her losing hands. I am big blind. She is under the gun and raises three times the big blind. Now she has not raised almost the whole night, so I put here on a big hand. Several people call so I do also because of the pot odds. Flop is A-K-J all hearts. She beats out 1200. Someone reraises to 3200. Everyone folds. She calls. Turn is a blank, small card no heart. She bets 1200, raiser raises 3000 more. She calls. River is another blank. She checks. Bettor puts in 5000. She calls and turns over pocket 4's with the 4 of hearts. Other player has A-Q with the queen of hearts and wins. She gave up over 11,000 in chips with 4 overs and flush and straight possibilities, but it was ok as it was only 1/4 of her stack. Later she was asked why she had called so much with 4's. She says I thought I had the best hand.
BTW she ended up winning the tournament. I guess there may something wrong with how I play as I have never won on Saturday night!

My incredible hand of the night was late in the tournament. I am short stacked and need to move all in soon. My buddy Rod is dealing far across the table and exposes an ace as it is coming to my. Thanks Rod. I get my next card and of course it's an ace. Damn, I would have had pocket aces. I get the burn card and look at it and it's another ace. How about that I had three aces in one hand. I move all in and get called by Jacks and they hold up for a more then double up. I make the final table and move all in with A-K and get called by super card catcher and she has J-9 and ends up with a full house!

Tomorrows a new day and poker game. I am sure it won't be as interesting as tonight. If it keeps up like tonight, I may need to get a recorder or start taking notes as it is getting hard to keep up on all the bad beat stories! Maybe we need a new reality show called Bar Poker at McCann's!

No comments:

Post a Comment