Thursday, July 8, 2010

First Hand of Tournament

It is the first hand of Tuesdays bar game and as always I am sitting in big blind position. I do this as it is close to check in table. If you have played cards with me you know that I hate when everyone limps in on BB. As usual there are 6 of 9 players in when it gets to me. I have pocket kings and blinds are 25-50. I raise to 550. Button and small blind call. Flop is Q-5-Q. Great! Checked to me. I make a 600 continuation bet. Button calls. I figure I am dead. Turn is a blank. He checks. I know I should check, but decide to fire another 600 just in case he doesn't have a queen. River is another blank. He bets out 600 a fairly small bet compared to the pot. Now I know I am beat, but it is such a small bet I call anyway and turn over my kings. He says I got a queen and goes to turn his cards over and while he was dealing he had pushed his cards into the muck. I know it is a bad way to win a pot, but I have been there and done that and if he had protected his cards he would have won a nice pot.

Moral of the story. Always cap your cards especially when you are dealing for yourself in bar poker.

I made a nice run and made final table, but as usual had no luck once there.
I am heading to lake for a 4 day weekend, so see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment