Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Playing tired

I have been working a lot as of late between running tournaments and working my other job. I am sure that the pros deal with this all the time. How to play when you are tired. I suppose that most just down an energy drink or 5 hour energy shot, but I have never been one to use that stuff. Patience is the key when you are tired. Play less hands and take your time when you do to make sure you are using your correct judgement.

It was an early night for me tonight at my Tuesday game. I blame part on being tired and the rest on the current streak that I am in of getting top 10-20 hands and raising and then getting out flopped. First hand tonight I am big blind with 10-8 suited blinds are 25-50. Mid position player raises to 125. I put him on a mid to small pair. I decide to call with one other player to my left. Flop is K-10-3 rainbow. I check and so does player to my left. Raiser makes a 250 continuation bet. I forget about player behind me and think I have best hand and call. Player to my left raises 250 more. Initial bettor folds. I fold. Player shows a King. I laugh and say you didn't need to show we knew what you had. Next hand I am in small blind with QQ. Several limper's to me. I raise to 300. Same guy to my left raises to 1200. It's a big raise. I am thinking he must have a big pair but am I bigger. Flop is all under 9-7-6. I check he bets 1200 again. I call again. turn is a 10 making a straight possible so I bet out 1600 and see where I am at. He moves all in. I look at him and say " you don't believe that I have pocket 8's". I say I will fold to your aces and muck. He turns over aces. I have now lost 3/4 of my stack in two hands. Two hands later I have pocket j's and move all in and take down the blinds. Yea, a moral victory. Next hand I have A-9. I Limp in. Flop is A-6-7 rainbow. I bet 300 and get one caller. Turn is a ten. I bet 500. He calls. River is a ten. I bet 500 he reraises me all in. I only have a thousand left and am pot committed. I call. He turns over 10-8 off suit and I am done. to another runner runner hand.

Moral to the story. Get more sleep if you want to play better poker. I should not have bet out the 1600 and I should have moved all in after the flop and the last hand. Oh well better luck next time and even better 4 days weekend at the lake to get me out of this poker streak!

No comments:

Post a Comment