Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hand of the night

Last night in a hand early in the tournament, I look down to KK. Blinds are 50-100. I raise to 300. Hoping to get several callers and no ace on the flop. 3 callers and flop comes J-10-3. BB bets 600. I raise to 2600. He thinks quite a while and calls. Turn is a Q. He checks. Now for some reason I think he may QQ, so I check. River is a 9 giving me a straight to the king. He checks. Now I know that I should bet here, because I still think he has a set of queens, but I decide to check and announce that I have a straight and turn over my kings. He turns over pocket aces. LOL, I was behind the whole hand and rivered him. What I find amazing is the fact that we both played it so conservative after he called my reraise. He could have easily reraised my 2000 reraise and I would have moved all in with the worst hand and sucked out. In hind site I probably should have bet the turn and river but just wasn't sure where I was in the hand. He on the other hand also played very conservative. It just goes to show that you don't have to be all in early in hand with kings or aces. At least I was on winning end for a change and I give him credit for not lossing all his chips with aces.

No comments:

Post a Comment