Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Post 200

Well, I have now reached another milestone post! Number 200. What to blog about? I think it will be another poker post. Last weekend was the 1st ever CMPPA Heads Up Event. Even though I had to work I was able to play a couple of matches. It was interesting watching heads up matches. Most bar players have very little experience in heads up play and it really showed. Many matches were over in a hand or two. The blind structure allowed you play good poker for 1/2 hour and then it turned into an all in fest. There was also matches that went the distance as tight players waited for big hands. Note to all you tight players, any two cards can be good in heads up. It's not about the cards It's about out playing the other player. Yes, you do still have to get lucky and win your coin flips but in general the more aggressive will win heads up. My hand of the day was in my final match against a good player. I had A-J hearts and was not the dealer. Player limped and I raised. He called. Flop is J-10-3 two hearts. I check he moves all in I call. He turns over QQ. Even though he has a pair bigger then me I am still a 51-49 favorite. The turn is an ace to give me two pair and a 82-8 lead. Turn is the only queen he can hit to take me out. LOL! We should have been all in preflop but he chose to slow play his QQ and it almost cost him. Better luck next time to me.

Thanks to all that keep on reading my Blog! I am going to try and write more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment