Sunday, February 19, 2012

BlackJack!

Friday night I got off work early enough to go and play the game at McCann's. Now Friday can be a little crazy and this was no different. I decided to not play the out and out aggression but instead use a controlled and calculated aggression. I got my table and two good players to my left and the rest of the table was at best description loose cannons. I won a few pots early with some good starting hands and was early chip leader on the table. I then got into a hand with one of the good players on the table. Pot was raised preflop by a weaker player so I called with a suited king. I ended up flopping what I thought was a flush draw, straight draw and what I figured were two over cards. Good player bet out and I reraised. He came over the top all in. I figured I was close to 50-50 and maybe even a slight favorite and it was not all my chips so I called. Ended up rivering the flush and winning a big pot taking out oen of the good players. A little later the other good player makes a strange move and pushes all in blind under the gun for 2500 with blinds at 75-150. I look at him and laugh. Maybe I should call blind. So I do. Everyone else folds and he flips over 2-2. I am thinking at least I got overs. I then turn over JJ LOL! They hold up and I win. What's the odds of two blind all in to both have a pocket pair. There are still alternates in the tournament and he comes a very intoxicated and very load older guy. He is really annoying and it is clear that he is going to play every hand until out. I decide to walk away from the table and just be at table to see cards and fold until this guy is out. He lost about half his chips in the 1st two hands. On the 3rd hand I look down at 8-8. His is first to act and pushes all his chips in and turns up his cards A-10 and yells out BLACKJACK! I never laughed so hard in my life. I called and everyone else folds. Cards run out and my eights hold up. Guy still doesn't understand why his blackjack didn't get paid off. He finally leaves table and we are all still laughing. I then continue my domination of the table. I make final table and have the whole final table covered. Unfortunately, at the final I finally went card dead, but did manage a 3rd place finish and some a free meal for the next days tournament. I was very happy with how my style of play worked out and will have to do some more research into it and it's viability to my game.
The next day was the 1st CMPPA members only event and I started off with good cards that were always second best and ended up short stacked early after not being able to bet a player off of his ace. We both had an ace but he had me out kicked. I probably should have just called and taken the loss but thought I might be able to bet him off. Anyway it ended up to be an early exit for me, but I was happy with the way I played non the less. During the six o'clock game the Blackjack guy ends up sitting on my right. He is dealer so I deal for him. He ends up calling an all in on the flop with 5-2 off which is all undercards to the board to double a really bad player up 1st hand, but at least he only lasted one hand this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment