Saturday, February 4, 2012

TGIF

Have had a chance to play some poker again the last two Fridays. McCann's Friday game is maybe the weakest bar game that I have ever played. It truely is no foldem holdem. I again continued with my aggressive play building a big stack the first week. It is amazing how many times that you can out flop someone just by playing lots of hands. Then last night I ran into the curse of aggressive play. I started the night with 4 pocket pairs and several big face card hands in the first 10 hands and didn't win a single hand in the process losing most of my chips. One of my last hands I had pocket 7's. The hand played out strange with a preflop raise by me and a reraise and then still 5 callers. Flop was A-4-3 rainbow. Reraiser was last to act so everyone checked to him and he did too. Turn was a 6. I check and another player bets out a relatively small bet to pot size. Everyone else folds to me. I decide to call and see what happens. River is another 6. Player bets out 2850 which is enough to put me all in. I think about how this played out. He was small blind. He could have called with a weak Ace, but I am thinking he more then likely has a 3 or 4. He is a player that would carry a bluff the whole way. I am like 95% sure that I have the best hand and should have called but decided that I wasn't ready to leave yet so I folded in case he had an ace or 6. He told me he had King high and I believe him. My read was right I just wasn't able to pull the trigger on it as it was all my chips. A little later I was knocked out, so now I know that I should have called and even if I was knocked out it wouldn't have changed my tournament outcome. Another bar poker lesson learned. I then went over to the Ultimate for their late game. I sat down on my table it made the McCann's game look pretty good. Not one real player on the table. Can you say Donkey! A few hands into to tournament, I am big blind with JJ. The pot was raised and there were many callers, so I reraise to try and get some people out. Yea, right! Everyone called, Flop is K-K-6. It gets checked around. Turn is a 2. Original raiser bets about half his chips. Everyone else folds to me. I am sure that he doesn't have a King because he would have bet flop. He has a pair of some kind, but how big. I decide to push him all in and take my chances. He calls and turns over aces. I lose most of my chips. Push in a few hands later and lose again. I still like the aggressive play, but now need to tailor it a little to find my happy medium. It was still a fun night. Beer was really good as it always is at McCann's and didn't last long enough to over pay for one at the Ultimate. Made it home in plenty of time to work on my Sliders marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment