Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grand Series of Poker

Went to Milacs to play the 3rd event of the Grand series of Poker. It is part of the Minnesota State Poker Tour. http://www.minnesotastatepokertour.com/ It was a $60 event with 70 players. I have never had a night that my cards ran so hot and I still managed to lose. Here are my first three hands.

Hand #1 small blind A-Q suited. Lots of limpers. I raise to 250, everyone folds.
Hand #2 button A-K unsuited. Lots of limpers. I raise to 250. Two callers. Flop is J-8-3 rainbow. I bet 600, everyone folds.
hand #3 Pocket kings, Lots of limpers, I raise to 250. I am expecting lots of callers this time, but everyone folds.

Later I hand pocket jacks twice. First time raise 5 times blind and get one caller. Flop is Q-10-4 two hearts. I bet 800. He reraises 3000. I fold.
Next time with JJ. under the gun raises 4 times blind. two players later moves all in for more. What to do. I believe I have first player beat. Put him on a pocket pair. The other has overs to me I think. It's all or fold. it is going to cost me over 3/4 of my chips to call. I fold.

Much later, blinds are getting high and I need to make a move. I look down to KK. Under the gun raises. Another player moves in for a little more. I move all in. Under the gun looks at other guy and says I got you beat but can't beat him. LOL!
He fgolds. Guy has A-4 hearts and goes runner runner to flush me on the river. Out a few hands later.

I did manage to win $100 on the 3-6 kill games so it wasn't a wasted trip.

My friend Dustin also rode a long. He made final table as a mid stack. They were paying 6 places. After a player is knocked out Dustin looks down to pocket kings. Guy under the gun raises to 6000. Dustin moves in with 19,000. Guy thinks a while and calls the extra 13,000 and leaving himself with 8000. He turns over J-10. Flop is K-Q and you know whats coming! River is an ace and Dustins out in 9th. Now my question is! How do you raise under the gun with J-10 and then call an all in for 80 percent of your chips! Wow! Sorry Dustin. It just shows that not all donks play free poker!

Working on a new article. Hope to have it done this weekend, so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment