Monday, February 22, 2010

Poker Streaks

It is interesting how you go in streaks in poker. Some are good and some are really bad. I am currently in one of the bad kind. Over the last week I have played in 3 tournaments and have decent runs being on two final tables. I have had KK in all three tournaments at critical times when I need to chip up. They have been cracked all three times. Once by A-4 suited catching runner runner to get a flush. Once with a runner runner four card straight and the last time it was a call by 6-2 in the big blind because it was only 3 times the blind with one caller and he had a big chip stack. He hit a third 6 on the river. Now I know that you don't win every time with a Big hand like KK, but it would be nice to lose early in a tournament when all or most of my chips aren't at risk. It makes you wonder do I need to play them different. The answer, of course, is no. Late in a tournament you have to make the best of those few big hands that get and accept the fact that you may lose. I may be able to lay them down if I am close to the money bubble at a cash tournament, but I like think that I am always playing to win. Hopefully, when I play tomorrow when I get the big hand at that critical time, I will make the right play and win this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment