Saturday, September 11, 2010

Slow playing

At my game last night fairly early in tournament, blinds are at 50-100, I have 3-4 off and I limp in. Mostly because of who the big blind is a new very weak player. BB raises to 500. Now normally I would fold her, but for some reason I decided to see a flop. I can't seem to remember but it was all over to me, so I am waiting to fold. BB checks and so do I and one other player. Turn is a 3. BB checks again. I think about betting but am sure that BB has a pair bigger then mine so I check. Other player checks. River is a 3. BB bets out 1500. I move all in. Other player folds. BB insta calls me for less and turns over pocket queens. I turn over my 3-4 and take down a huge pot. The BB is you really called me with 3-4, boy did I play that hand bad. LOL! Not from my perspective. Thanks for slow playing and letting me catch up. I would have folded to any bet on flop or turn. So remember it always pays to slow play!

1 comment:

  1. I like when that happens. Although I have slow played sets with three in the pot and have been outdrawn on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete