Saturday, October 9, 2010

Friday Game

Fridays game had a big turn out with almost 50 players. You start with 5000 in chips and there is always lots of action early. The table I was at had a newer player that had no sense about how to play poker and called the 1st two hands down and turned over King high on one and second pair on the other. The third hand I had pocket 8's and raised to 250. Got three callers including that player. Flop is Q-8-4 two clubs. I bet 600 and only that guy calls. Turn is a king. I bet 1000 he calls. River is a small card. I bet 1000 and he calls. I turn over my set of 8's. He turns over ace high. Guess I missed played that hand, probably could have gotten more chips. LOL! I play very solid along the way and make final table close to chip lead. We have lost 2 players already and I am under the gun with A-Q suited. I raise to 15,000. Blinds are 300-6000. Guy next to me calls and so does another out of position player. Flop is 7-4-2 rainbow. 1st player bets out 6000. I call and so does other player. Turn is a nine. 1st player moves all in for 14,000. I can already tell the other player is going to call. At this point there is over 70,000 in the pot and I don't see how I can fold with only having two overs. I still have over 15,000 if I make the call. I am grumbling because I don't want to call but so much in the pot. Other player calls for a little less. I turn over my A-Q. The others turn over K-Q and the bettor turns over A-8. The table goes wild. Is it possible that I really hacve the best hand. River is a J and I take down the huge pot with A high and a queen kicker and take out two players. Thank god for pot odds or I would have folded. It just goes to show you that you never know in poker. BTW, I ended up taking the tournament down. It was nice for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment