Saturday, October 23, 2010

Table Talk

In bar poker there is always a lot of table talk and a lot of times it boarders on collusion. Last night I had several examples. The one that sticks out the most is I am fairly short stacked and blinds are getting high. We are only a few spots from the points and I was looking to point up last night. I look down to QQ. Great, I will move in when it gets to me. Girl under the gun raises 4 times BB. She has not raised once in the time that she has been on my table and has only called. As soon as she makes the raise the two players next to me begin talking to themselves. Aces one says and then the other agrees. She never raises with out AA or KK. Now I know that I should be warning them to keep quite, but I am only one paying attention, so I decide to wait until after hand. It gets to me and I am not happy. This should be an instant all in for me, but how do I not take into account the info from the other players. One of the players sees that I am contemplating and is actually shaking his head at me. I am trying to make points so I fold and so does everyone else. She doesn't show her hand, but someone saw as she folded and told me pocket 3's. I suppose I still could have lost, but it would have been a big chip up if I had won. I did end up making the points and finished 7th, so maybe it was the right move at the time, but I should have went with my instincts instead of the table talk. Later in tournament I had to warn two players that what they were doing was collusion if they continued their talking. I am not against table talk when it is heads up, but not when other players are in the hand. So, please be mindful!

No comments:

Post a Comment