Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poker Patience

My poker patience took a good work over at last nightrs bar game. We had a much smaller then normal turnout, only 21 so we started with 3 tables of 7. I sit down and check out my table and see that I have 3 of the regular women players all seated around me. All these ladies are very nice people that love to play poker, but lack much in the skill and willingness to learn department. They all play very similar. They rarely fold preflop and will not lay down a pair or a draw. On most night I will get a lot of chips from this type of player, but not last night. I actually had very good starting hands early and raised several times and almost always at least two of the 3 would call. On the continuation bet at least one if not both would call and then I would have to give up because I was bet. I lost a lot of chips on a hand that was raised preflop by one of the better players on the table with me and one of the ladies calling. All I had was a weak ace, but I figured I could outplay the good player after the flop. On the flop I ended up with a pair of aces but not that great of kicker. Bettor made a continuation bet and I just called because I wasn't sure if he didn't have me beat. Turn was a blank and he checked. Now I knew that I was ahead of him, so I put out a little larger then pot size bet of 1500. Women next to thinks a long time and calls. I am sure that she is on a draw. Original bettor folds, just as I expected. River brings a 3 heart on board, so I check to see where I am at. She immeadatly puts out big bet. I fold and tell her nice catch on your flush. She turns over k-4 of hearts, She had no pair and only a flush draw but called preflop and all bets with nothing. That's how my night went. I lasted a little longer but with all three catching there didn't seem to be a point in playing anymore. In the end all three made final table and all were knocked out very shortly as their luck had run out and blind were high enough to make the chasing hurt. Next weeks plan if I encounter this situation again I am just going to fold until the blind levels get high enough to deal with their play.

Quote of the night by an occasional player. I had to call I had my favorite hand. What your favorite hand someone asks. Pocket hearts! I love to play any two suited hearts! LOL! Goodn information for future reference, but really your favorite hand is any two hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment