Thursday, October 21, 2010

Funny Incident

At least I thought it was funny and I am probably the only one. At my Tuesday game it is the hand before break and I get called over to a different table. As I get there a player is pulling their cards out of the muck and is not happy. I am not sure how the hand had played out but the board had 4 hearts on it and it was a pretty nice size pot. At the end of the hand player A had turned over their cards and announced that he had ace high and the other player mucked their cards. Player B thought that A had an ace high flush, but player A had announced only ace high and did not miss represent the hand. Player B had a jack high flush and was mad that they had mucked the best hand. I ruled that as long as player A had not miss represented the hand that he was the winner because B had mucked their cards. Well as you can imagine B was not happy, Blaming me and the other player for their mistake. I was busy chipping people up and the rant was still on. Finally I looked at player and said it was time to stop blaming me and player A as they were the one that had mucked their cards. It was their mistake not anyone else. All they had to do was turn up cards and player B would have won. This player was now on serious tilt, but still had a big chip stack. When play restarted, someone at my table asked what had happened and I explained and then said watch, Player B will be out soon. It took about one blind level and I hear player down from that table and over comes player B and throws the draw card at me and storms off. Lesson to story. Always turn your cards face up at show down because cards always read. The only way a tournament director can bring cards out of the muck is if the muck was caused by a clear misrepresentation of the hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment