Sunday, February 27, 2011

McCann's Open

Yesterday, I was playing in the CMPPA McCann's Open event. I was running very good and playing great poker. Got a very weak player next to me and in two hands was able to double up. I used this stack to grow it into a even larger stack by first break. I was able to make a couple of critical lay downs and keep the pressure on the table. Eventually, I did lose a few chips and just before second break I was around 40,000 chips about double the starting stack. I was second chips on table. I was one behind the button and had J-9. I decided to limp in because big blind was a guy that normally checks. He was the chip leader. He decided to raise. It was a pretty big raise, but I instantly put him on an ace. I decided to call. Flop was J-5-5. I check he bets out 6000. I call Turn is a 6. I bet out 10,000 because I am sure that I am ahead. He moves all in. I think about it a little and still think I ahead. I call. He turns over A-6. I was right. He had nothing on the flop and had picked up a pair on the turn. River is a 6 and I am out of the tournament. What a cruel game poker can be. I feel as if I played the whole tournament about as well as I am capable and still am out by second break forced to watch the rest of the day. Later during the second tournament I talk a player into playing and he is on my right. I have hardly played a hand and am big blind with him as small. He makes a big raise. I look down and have JJ, so I reraise. He calls. Flop is 5-6-9. He checks. I move all in and he calls and turns up 6-9. LOL! Out of another tournament. Glad I talked him into playing! Today's a new day anyway!
Had 90 players show up the tournament with many new people. It is amazing when players come from games that don't play by all the TDA rules. They have a real hard time when you actually enforce rules. A couple of times they were almost fights. you have to love free poker!

No comments:

Post a Comment