Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nice Hand?

Tuesday night was the last week of our current point session and I have not had the best 12 weeks. I missed a couple of weeks and just have not been playing good poker on Tuesdays as of late. Some has been a lack of patience and some has been the lack of quality to the game. Last week I seemed to get it back a little and finished 2nd and this was enough to move me into contention for the top 10. I just needed a decent point night and I would be in. Tuesday started very interesting as at least 10 new or players that hadn't played in a long time started coming to sign up very early. It looked to be a big attendance night. In the end many of the regulars didn't come so I needed at least a top 5 finish. Things started pretty good. I had a decent table with only a couple of players that I didn't know. I won a few pots and chipped up a little. At first break I was up about 2000 in chips. Blinds were now 100-200 and I looked down to pocket 2's. They are not my favorite starting hand as I have had bad luck with them in the past. With two's I will generally limp in and see a flop and fold if I don't hit and this is how it played out. Flop is 10-10-2. BINGO! I am thinking how can I get the most out of this hand. The player next to me a women that I had never seen bets out 500. I call and so does a couple of others. The turn is an 8 bringing a flush draw. Perfect! The same ladies bets out 1500. I put her on having 3 tens and decide I better try and get her out so I move all in. She counts out her chips and has me covered by 200. She calls. I say I got a full house and turn over my two's. She turns over pocket 10's! LOL! I'm drawing dead and am out of tournament. I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. I don't think that there is any scenario that I don't lose all my chips in this hand. I flop a full house, she flops quads at least the new points season starts again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment