Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another Friday Night!

It was an interesting Friday night of poker for me. I passed out all the seat cards and went to place the chips and looked around the table and thought " what did I do to piss someone off"! It was possibly the worst table to be playing on. Every chaser and bad player was sitting somewhere on this table. I looked at the one good player and rolled my eyes and said WOW. He got a good laugh at this and off we went. My strategy was simple either win big or be out early. I played almost every hand the first hour preflop and called a few after flop bets. I was actually getting decent cards but nothing was working out for me. I was now getting low on chips maybe 3000 left of 5000 starting stack. Limped as I had been with J-5 off. Most of the table called and then big blind, a guy who thinks he can out play everyone makes a big raise. I call and so does half the other players. Flop is J-3-4. BB checks so I put out 1000. Everyone else folds and he moves all in. Now I know that I am way behind, but decide to call anyway because I have most of my stack already committed. I announce that I am going to call with the worst hand and turn over my J-5. He turns over K-J. The river comes a 5 and I suck out and win. Now I am up to close to 7000 in chips and we are past the break. A lot of the poor players have been knocked off my table and the replacements are much better players. I announce to table that I am now going to tighten up a bit and they all laugh. Then next two hands I have face cards and limp in and table says sure you are going to tighten up. Third hand I look down at KK. Now what I am going to do. I can hardly raise because the way I have been playing it would be a sure tell. So I make a speech about how I am tightening up and limp in again. I am hoping for a raise so I can reraise. Small blind moves all in and then BB calls. I move all in for the rest of my chips and BB calls and has me covered. Flop is K-?-? all diamonds and you know it I don't have a diamond! The other players have A-Q and JJ. Only the J is a diamond. The turn and river both come diamonds without pairing the board and I am out. In the end the limp didn't hurt me because of the other hands had I raised the A-Q would have moved all in and the JJ would have called or moved in, so same outcome. Me on the rail! Tonight is a new night and I am going to try the tight style tonight. I know it's kind of boring but I am ready for a change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment