Sunday, March 27, 2011

CMPPA Event #2

Yesterday was the second event of the CMPPA 2010 season. I have not been off to the best of starts to the 2011 season, so I wanted to make a good showing. It started strong for me as I got on a table with several strong players and a couple of players that I knew would giving chips away. There were several interesting hands before first break. I did manage to win a few small pots. One hand I rivered a 4 card flush calling bets all the way by a player that I had put on a weak hand and I was correct. He was angry that I had called all the way on the flush draw, but what he didn't realize was that the 4 card flush actually scared me so I checked and then called his bet. If the 4 card flush hadn't of hit, I would have made a big bet on the river that he would have been unable to call with the cards that he was playing. A little bit later I look down to see A-K off suit and raise 6 times the blind to 600 because there were two limpers behind me. It gets to BB and he raises 2000 more. It's a big bet and I decide to let my big slick go as I have him on a big pair. It was a difficult fold but with one behind me I am ok with it. Then the last player to act moves all in for a lot of chips. Now I am really glad that I have folded. The reraiser thinks a long time and then folds his JJ face up. The all in laughs and turns over JJ also. Now I am not sure if I made a good laydown or not. I did manage to get AA 5 times before the second break but really only managed to pick up small pots. As seems to happen to me I went card dead and went out in 12th place. It was a well played event and the final table was fun to watch. Congrats to the winner Tom Wesloch who has put strong hold on player of the year by finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 3 of the first 5 events.

No comments:

Post a Comment