Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Milacs Finals

Early at the final table with 7 players left at Milcas finals on Sunday an interesting hand took place that myself and another player were probably the only ones to realize what happened. The hand started with a raise by a player that doesn't raise much. The next player a shorter stack moved all in for a little more. The weak player that finished second in the tournament just called and the original raiser calls. All the chips are raked in and both players check down. Cards are turned over and original bettor has A-Q, all in has a jack the highest card on the board, and the other player turns over KK and wins a big pot. Now I now how all these players play and I don't understand why the player with Kings who had the biggest stack wouldn't have pushed all in, because the player with A-Q would have called for sure and he would have won more chips and taken another player out. His mind doesn't think in that kind of terms. If he had played his kings as any other player would play it, he would have taken two players out in a tournament that was paying cash prizes. Effectively, he cost every player that finished after the bad play money. The player that should have been taken out in 7th finished in 3rd, so the play cost the player that did finish in 4th $200. That's not chicken scratch. When I talked to the player that got 3rd and told her what I thought about the hand. She had no idea about what I was talking about and the other players didn't even realize that the donk had cost them money. I know that it pisses me off when cost me money!

No comments:

Post a Comment