Monday, April 4, 2011

Last Night of Bowling

I got a call earlier this to remind me that it was the last night of league bowling and that it was my wife's and my week to bowl. We rotated every other week on Sunday nights in a mixed league. We missed the last two times of bowling and really thought we were done for the year. Our team won the first half of the season and was in second going into last night. We needed to win all 3 games in order to win both seasons otherwise we would have bowl 3 more games right after our league night ended. I started a little slow leaving and missing a 4 pin early but managed to strike out from the 5th frame to shot a 246 game. The second game I ended up with a 258 game but we lost the game so a rolloff was going to happen after next game. The other couple that bowled the opposite week was also there and we decided to rotate during the roll off and as we discussed it the team that we were to bowl was having a fit about us rotating. I really could care less about bowling the extra 3 games or winning the title that is worth no money at all. Now the 3rd game begins and I have a 504 total and I announce to my teammates that I am going for a 300 and 800 series. I start striking and am very confident. I get the 1st 9 strikes. It is now the 10th frame and I need two strikes for 800 and three for 300. I really want the 800 even more then 300. I get the first strike and make a great shot on the 11th and leave a solid 9 pin. Wow talk about bad luck. No 800, no 300. It would have been a great way to end the bowling season and I am not sure when if ever I will bowl a league again. At least I can leave knowing that the old guy still has it! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment