Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring is Here!

For me it's official! Spring and summer season has begun. On Monday I went to my lake place and put the dock in. It's a fun and unenjoyable time of the year. The first few trips to the lake are all about work and getting the place ready for the summer. Putting dock and lifts in, cutting fire wood and unwinterizing the RV are always the first on the list. Next trip will be to put boats in and clean up the yard. Next will be all the reeds the get cut off by the ice out that float up to shore will have to be removed. If I am lucky I may even get to go fishing. Now this may sound like whining, but it is what is necessary to do before all that come to visit can come and enjoy our lake place with us. It will be an exciting summer. It looks as we will get a little more time this year as I am hoping to work 4 day weeks all summer which would be a great match to my wife's schedule. So I hope to see many of you at the lake this summer for fishing, beer around the campfire and just a plain old good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment