Friday, January 20, 2012

Boulders Tap House

My wife and I went to the new restaurant in town last night. Boulders Tap House opened up on Monday in the old Timberlodge building. Their premise is a burger and wing joint with 41 different tap beers. They have lots of TV's and are going for a Buffalo Wild Wings kind of feel. What surprised me the most was how little of a change that was made from the old Timberlodge. They kept most of the interior layout and just added new carpet and seating. It looks good and I am sure will do very well. We tried a couple of different beers and both were excellent. The burger was very good and was about normal price for the area. We also tried a couple of orders of boneless wings and I thought they were a little small. We tried two different sauces that were higher up on their hot scale. Both were good but not really very hot which was ok by me. The only bad thing was there was a hair in my wings and when I showed the server she apologized and that was it. I didn't see any managers running around and the table next to use had some kind of problem too and received something free. The place is owned by the same company that owns Grizzlys and I think that Grizzlys has better burgers. I am sure that I will go back to this restaurant but it's not as good as I had hoped. If they have a great happy hour once they are through there opening stage that would help with me decision to return more often. You will ahve to give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment