Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ultimate Wednesday

I finally had time to go and play poker again last night. My only option on Wed. is the Ultimate Sports Bar. Not my favorite place to play, mostly because the drinks are so high. I continued my very aggressive play. I folded 3 times preflop in the 1st hour. What I really like about this play is it puts people on tilt when you turn over your hand and rake a pot. For the first time in a long time I was running very hot. Ended the 1st break 1000 ahead and except for losing one big hand played very solid. They were several very predictable players on my table, so it make playing much easier. The hand that really made my stack was about half way through the 2nd hour. I had A-7 in the big blind. It was raised maybe 4 times the big blind by a player that either had two big cards or a bigger pair, so I was going to play carefully. Ended up with another caller. Flop was 7-6-3 two suited cards. I check and orginal bettor puts out a less then pot size bet. I am thinking he has an over pair to me, but he would also make a continuation bet with A-K, so I call. Player behind me raises all in. Bettor folds. I think about it for a while. I can't really figure what he could have. A small set maybe. I don't think he has 4-5. I decide to call which puts me all in. I think he has A-7 like me or maybe something like A-6 or K-7. He turns up 3-6 offsuit for two pair. LOL! He limped in per flop with 3-6 off and then called the raise. I'm in trouble. Turn is a another 3 giving him a full house. River is a 7 giving me a bigger full house. I hit my two outer. That stuff doesn't usually happen to me, but I will take it when it does. I then went on a streak of calling all ins with the worst hand and keep winning. Where is the big buy tournament when this happens. Make the final table. Now down to 4 players and they are paying 3 spots. I am small blind with Q-4 suited when big blind raises. I call thinking that the big blind would also call because he usually does and he was short stacked. Flop is Q-4-8. I bet out. I get reraised a lot. I am 99% sure that I have the best hand. He must have AA or KK. There is an outside chance he has a set but I think AA or KK. This player and I have about the same size stack and we are way ahead of the other two players. I am supposed to move all in at this point and he would have to call. I look at the other stacks. One player is very short. I will call him cheater Mike. I am deciding what I should do and then realize if I move all in and win or even if I lose it's going to put cheater Mike into the money. I decide to fold because I don't want him to fold his way into the cash. I say fold and turn up my two pair. Other player turns up KK and says how can you fold. I then tell him the only reason was so that cheater Mike would not make the money and he laughs and says I understand totally. A few hands later cheater Mike goes out in 4th place and I make the money. I end up going out in 3rd. If I had won the hand with 2 pair I probably would have won tournament, but you know what. I am ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment