Sunday, January 8, 2012

Greater MN Traveling Tournament

Back in 1994 I started an annual traveling tournament, that was for friends and family to get together and bowl and have a great time. Over the years it turned into the Greater MN Traveling Tournament. The concept was designed by me and ran most years by myself, my sister and her husband. There have been many a fun times had at these events. The tournament consisted of a singles, double and team event with sign up that day and payout the same day. There have been poker tournaments and much drinking involved with many of these events. 4 years ago when when I got out of the bowling business, I stopped being involved with the events. My brother has continued running the events. No one has ever asked me if it was ok to keep running these events without me or asked about using the name. In fact, I have never been invited to participate. Maybe I am just being a little defensive about the whole thing, but I also started a yearly golf event back in 1991 that has continued on without me also. I just feel that it isn't quite right for these events to continue without at least a name change or to stop say it's the 19th annual when in actuality it's maybe the 4th year in it's current state. I suppose that I could start running my own events again and stop whining about it, but don't really have the interest. It just bothers me that these events continue without even an ounce of thought about where these events came from and if I hadn't started them they wouldn't even be in existence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment