Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Online poker

I have not played any online poker for about 3 or 4 weeks. I needed sometime off and had not been doing well lately. I also wanted to test the theory that if I didn't play for a while that I would win when I returned. I started with a sit & go tournament on Absolute. It was a $2 - 10 person table. I pretty much ran over the table and won the tournament winning $9. I had big cards the whole time and hit most flops. Next I went to Poker Stars and played the $50,000 K rebuy tournament. It cost $5 plus .50. I didn't rebuy or add on. Start with 1500 in chips. It was incredible. I doubled up with in 3 hands when I caught a set with a small pocket pair. The rebuy period lasts for 1 1/2 hours. At first break, end of rebuy I had 15,000 in chips. I peaked at 50,000 in chips. It seems that as soon as you get a big chip stack that they break your table and you move to a table where you are third or fourth in chips. It is now getting close to the money. They paid 485 places with first place $7000 and cashing gets about $25. As soon as I hit the 50,000 my hands turned. I started not catching flops and having to fold to big raises or being out drawn by lesser hands. I managed to make the money and won $41. I guess that I had better take a few more weeks off and see if I will win money again. It helped me to reaffirm what I have always thought. If you play a lot of low limit online poker that you will at best break even over the long run or slowly lose your bank roll. I wish I had more money to test if it was the same if you played the higher limits. Well maybe someday.

On a lighter note, it was a beautiful day yesterday, so i decided to do yard work. Mow and spray for weeds. My wife was working yesterday and wanted a treat when she got home so I decided to make cookies. So I put the cookies in set the timer and then outside to work on yard. One hour later I went on and remembered that I had put in cookies. LOL! It took me 4 hours to get rid of burnt smell. Oh well better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment