Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Post Memorial Weekend

I had to work the whole Memorial weekend. It's ok because my wife did also. It looks as if my new job will let me have everyother weekend off so my schedule will match my wifes. Yea! Just got back from a day at the lake yesterday. All weekend it was sunny and in the 70's yesterday it was cloudy and a high a 52 and very windy. The only good thing is the fish have finally moved into the shallows and I caught a lot of fish. I did have to wear a sweatshirt and an over coat to do it, but it was a good time. The good thing about post hoilday weekend is that we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. I will add some photos to the side wall for you to see some of the fish we caught or all of them are posted on my facebook account.

I did get to play poker on Sunday. I was a half hour late because of work, but in my bar game that is ok. I laughing told the table that this was the most chips that I ever had after a half hour. I usually lose part of my stack trying to grow it. As usual I became a short stack right away and then managed a nice come back to finish 5th. Points but short of the prizes. I pushed in with a short stack in early position with K-Q suited and had 4 others go all-in or call behind my. LOL just what I wanted!!! The funny thing is I was ahead of two players who had K-9 and Q-9 offsuit and the other short stack with less then me had A-5 suited. Flop came out with a 9 and I did river a King to have the second best hand. LOL! That is what I get for pushing with a weak hand in early postion even when short stacked.

Next chapter later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment