Friday, May 29, 2009

Twitter Poker Tour #TPT

Last night I was able to play in the #TPT (www.twitterpokertour.com). I had not played for a very long time because of work or being at the lake.

The TPT is a weekly poker tournament that was started by a group of poker players and blogers. It has grown from the first one that I believe had about 20 players to a regular weekly group of about 40. They alternate between Poker Stars and Full Tilt online sites. The cost is $5 plus .50. Standings are kept on the website from above.

I really enjoy these tournaments. The players over all take them very serious. The play is as close to live play as you can get online. Of course you still get all the usually online shake your head hands. Last night was a classic example of online at it's best. I started the night playing very tight. I was working on my standings for my bar games and playing a free roll stud hi-low at the same time. More about the freeroll later. I started with 1500 in chips and soon had it up to 3000. I finished all my work and my freeroll and started to pay more attention to the TPT. I hit that point in online when my big hands were not hitting flops and players were reraising me. I was now down to 2000. I don't remember the exact hands but soon I was down to 300 chips and was on my way out. We were down to three tables at this time. I got K-10 offsuit two hands before I was big blind, so I pushed in. I ended up with 3 callers. Flop came out 10-10-something. Nice! River was the fourth 10 so end up back above 1500. I then go on a monster card rush and win the next 5 hands in a row and move to second in chips on the table. We are now down to two tables and I get pocket 10's. I raise and am called. Flop comes A-10-5. I check hoping the other person has an ace. Sure enough they go all-in with A-K and I turn another 10 for quad 10's again. That's twice in less then a half hour with quad 10's.

It is now the final table and the top 5 of 9 get paid. I am 5th in chips. I go card dead for a while. It's ok as I have enough chips to last for a while. We are now down to 6 (bubble time). My cards pick up again and I notice that everyone has really tighten up. I decide to get more aggressive. I am not playing junk hands, but I am raising with less then premium hands. It's a combination of good hands and tight play by the other players but I am able to double my chip stack by playing aggresive at the bubble. I did finally take out the 6th place person when I got top pair and he caught 2nd pair and called my putting him all-in. He must have thought I was bluffing. I am know in the money. The next two short stacks go fast once we hit the money. Down two three with one big stack and me and the other about even. Talk about a long three way. LOL! Blinds are getting high and the chips are passing back and forth. I go back and forth between 2nd and 3rd in chips. I lose most of my chips when I am forced to fold to what I am pretty was a staright on the river to beat me. I push all-in with ace small card and am called by big slick and lose. Out in third for a profit of $20. That is two stong showings in a row in TPT events. It's good because my Full Tilt account was getting low. Congrats to @widmayer on the win and to @General_pain on second. Well played to both.

If you play online poker and belong to twitter come and play with us thursdays 8pm central time. Next week on Poker Stars.

Now the freeroll, I normally don't play freerolls, but could not find another tournament to play. I like to play more then one tournament at a time. It forces me play tighter in th eearly rounds. I decide to play a 7 card stud hi-low on Stars. I remember why I don't play them. They are crazy. People sign up and play every hand in hopes that they get a big stack or they get knocked out right away. On top of that it is stud and half don't even know how to play. Needless to say I didn't last very long, but it did pass the time and help with my other tournament. It also reaffirmed what I have always thought.

Lesson of the day!

Don't play freerolls unless they are private!!!!
LOL!


Going to the lake this weekend with family more next week. Haved a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment