Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend

It was opening of the Walleye fishing season in MN this weekend. Millions of people hit the water and go fishing this weekend each year. I headed to my place on Lake Miltona. I went up on Thursday after work. It was a nice day, so I was hoping the panfish would have moved into the shallows. Unfortunatly it was still too cold for that. I fished for a couple of hours and then decided to go into town and see X-men. I thought it was entertaining, as good as the others. I could have went to Star Trek, but my son Kyle told me to go to X-men.

When I got up on Friday it was raining and cold and the forcast was for more rain. I decided to go back to St Cloud and run my Friday bar game. The crowd was small because of fishing opener so I decided to play. I had never played in this game before. It is a crazy bar poker game with many bad poker players.On third hand of tournament, I took one player out and got most of anothers to almost triple up when I hit the nut flush and got a caller of my all-in bet. Blinds on Friday start at 25-25 with 5000 starting chips. The average preflop raise on my table was 500. LOL. The table I am on breaks and I head to my new table. I have won two hands in a row and am on a little heater. I am under the gun with 6-8 off and decide to limp in. I had just taken most of the chips from someone who only has 900 left with blinds at 300-600 and I think he will push all in. Two people behind me call. Short stack pushes all-in for 900. Small and big blind calls. Flop is 6-8-Q two hearts. Under the gun bets out for 2000. BB a loose player calls. I push all-in and have everyone covered. Two folds to original better, who thinks a long time and calls. Loose player wants to call but eventually folds. All-in has A-Q. Turn gives me a full house and I win a monster pot. I don't understand why A-Q didn't reraise to try and get heads up with other all-in. I would have folded. Thanks for the cheap flop and for being a bad poker player. I ended up 3rd and won a gift certificate. Then I headed back to the lake for the rest of weekend.

Saturday was a better day weather wise but still a little cold. I didn't catch anything but didn't fish too hard. There were lots of boats out and they were all moving a lot so no one was catching naything. Went to bed early hoping Sunday would be warmer.

Sunday was a nice day (Happy Mothers Day), but still no fish. I went to lunch with my mom and dad and then packed up to go home. It was early so I drove over to my parents house and took my dad fishing in his neighbors small inlet. I caught a few small sunfish and one crappie. At least I wasn't shut out for the weekend. Sunday is another bar poker game night. The quality of players is much better and I drew a table full of good players, as good as you get at bar poker anyway. It was an up and down night as the table was aggresive. There was a lot of reraising. I got put to the test a couple of times early. I limped in on the button with 7-9 off. I knew that the small and big blind would check. They always do. Flop was 6-7-8 rainbow. I floped middle pair with an open ended straight draw. It was checked to me, so I made a pot size bet. I got one caller. Turn was a five to give me a straight. Other guy bets out, I push all-in he calls. He has J-9. It looks like a split pot. I say no 10 as the dealer puts out a ten to give the other guy a higher straight. LOL. So ends my night of poker. it's too bad because I was playing well and think I would have went a long time in this tournament.

Sorry for not playing the #TPT on thursday last week. Going to lake sounded better then playing online poker on such a nice weather day!

Next chapter later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment