Sunday, January 17, 2010

Full Poker Weekend

It has been a full poker weekend for me. I played the TPT tournament on Thursday and ran a game on Friday, Saturday and one more tonight. Here is a recap.

TPT game. I have not played online poker for over 2 months. The regular TPT game was on and I had some time so I played. A dollar from each player was going to Haiti so why not. It was an interesting game for me. First, I didn't know that they were now podcasting during the tournament and I found the discussion to be very interesting. For the first hour I must have had A-junk about every two hands. I folded most and played a few. My chip stack moved up and down. After the first break, I raised preflop with A-Q and was reraised. I called and flop was Q-and two unders. I pushed all-in and was called by pocket kings and I was done. Thanks guys for the podcast it was fun. Hope to be back soon to play again. For more info go to www.twitterpokertour.com

Friday- I usually don't play on friday but was in the mood to play so did. I now remember why I don't play on Fridays. 5000 in chips 25-25 blinds and the first 4 pots averaged about 4000 in chips. Out in 30 minutes. Chased a fglush draw becuase of the size of pot and then ran into a big pair after flopping top pair. I will know better next week.

Saturday- It just started bad and in a way got worse as the night went on. I arrived to set up to be told that we would be playing in the porch tonight because they had a lot of parties. The problem is the porch has no heat, barely any lights and no TV's. That is a problem on playoff football weekend. In the end they moved us to the dining room. It has very little light but at least we could watch the game and get waited on. As seem usual lately, I lost about 1/2 my stack in the first two blind levels and then made a nice comeback before the first break. I was able to play a lot of hands and make a lot of raises. It was fun until I got out flopped with big slick by K-Q with the board Q-Q-3. I did fold after the turn but not before losing 2/3 of my chips. He did a nice job of slow playing them and waiting for me to get agressive, which of course I did. Then it got even worse a DJ showed up and said that he needed to set up and at 10pm they would be starting thier salsa night. The problem is we don't finish untill 11. So, I had to move oner more time. I hope this is not a trend for the bar I run the tournaments.

In non poker news, My son made the cut at the CBA bowling tournament on Saturday. He bowled again today and finished 13th. I know he is disappointed, but good job for making the cut and getting your money back. Wait a minute, that was my money back! Yeah!
My wife has been in Iowa with her mother since Wednesday, which has made it very lonely here. I look forward to her return. They avoided a near diaster while there. It was nothing bad except for almost losing something of value. I am glad that it was found. It would not have been fun to explain what had happened. Can't wait to see what treasures my wife will return with from shopping in Des Monies. At least I will get a meal from Hickory Park in Ames. The best BBQ place that I have ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment