Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope that you all had a great new years eve. Except for having to work early on the first I know that I did. Had a nice time at my brother inlaws celebrating my mother inlaws birthday. It was a quiet fun evening with six of us in attendance. We watched the hangover, ate and had a couple of drinks.

The first members only event of the Central MN Poker Players Assoc. (CMPPA) is this coming weekend the 9th. Membership is $50 per year and gets you into members only tournaments with cash prizes. We will also be doing a few poker classes and do what we can to promote poker in the Central MN area. More info is online at www.cmppa.com
I ran a couple of tournaments this week which were uneventful. I got knocked out in both just before final tables. Cards were a little cold and was able to last by making good plays.

This has been more of a bowling week for me. In had league on Monday night and my son filled in again for one of my teammates. It was the end of the first half and as usual the lane condition was different again and everyone bowled bad. Yesterday I went and bowled a local tournament that only allows you to use one bowling ball for the whole tournament and puts different lane conditions on 8 different lanes. It was quite a challange. My daughter and I bowled with my son watching. He was in 1st place after the first few weeks. I bowled very well and am in 1st place with one day to go, so hopefully I will hang on and win the $400 1st prize.

Today is my Jr Traveling tournament, the CMJTT. www.cmjtt.com for more info. It is the start of my 9th year running these youth bowling tournaments. The kids pay an entry fee and get payed in college scholarship money. Last year I gave away over $8000 in scholarships.

My wife is recovering from her surgery and is getting a little bored at home. I don't think she realized how much I am gone each week between work and running poker tournaments. I do seem to be busy all the time which I like. It's too bad that none of these things make me very much money. LOL! Sorry honey. Who knows maybe someday it will all payoff.

Here's to us all having a prosperous 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment