Friday, January 29, 2010

What were you thinking?

Sometimes don't you just want to say! What were you thinking!!!
I had one of those moments on Wednesday. My wife was out of town and I wanted to go out and promote my new Thursday night game, so I went to play at the Ultimate Sports Bar. On Wednesdays they are a part on the Free Poker Network and had about 40 players. I got to see a few players that don't often play my games. Anyway, it was about 3 or 4 hands into tournament. There was a small raise preflop with lots of callers Flop was K-Q-J. I don't remember the suits as they were not important in this hand. There was a small bet compared to pot size. Three players called. Turn was a blank. Better makes a bet three times bigger then last bet. First player instantly calls, other player thinks a while and calls. River is a ten. Better makes a bigger bet, first player instantly calls and last player thinks even longer and folds what I am guessing was two pair. First player turns over K-3 off and second player shows K-2 off for a split pot! LOL! What were you thinking! It ends up a split pot as neither kicker plays. I have replayed the hand many times and wonder what could have the players been thinking. I am guessing that they thought there K junk was the best hand. I am thinking are you really that bad of a card player. The answer is simple YES! LOL!

I ended up making the final table. I have been trying to play more aggressive lately and so far it seems to be paying off. I did have pocket kings 3 times during the night and they got cracked 2 of the 3 times, but I did manage to not loss all my chips each time they were cracked. So, I must be doing something right. Finished 5th or 6th pretty much got blinded out as I was card dead most of the last table with blinds very high. That's two final tables their in the last two tries. I may have to go back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment