Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Disciplined Poker

I have been trying to play better disciplined poker at my bar games in the last few weeks. I had gotten a little bored and was playing way too many hands just trying to out play people and what you find out fast in bar poker is that it is difficult to out play people until the blinds get high because some one is going to call. Tuesday is the only game that I currently run and play every week, so I have been trying to make a run at the top spot to get a direct seat to a tournament at Milacs. It has not been going very well. I played solid poker all night. Raising at the right times, folding at the right times. I was not a big stack, but had enough to make the points. We were about 3 places from final table, when I looked down at KK. Everyone folded to me so I push all in to hope to take down the blinds and if some one calls I am ok with that also. It is folded to big blind and he is thinking hard. He must have an ace. He has been running hot, so I am expecting a call. He finally calls and turn over A-10. Now, I am concerned, because I have had bad luck with pairs against an over ace. First card comes off and it's a king. Yes, I am feeling much better. Then you know what happens, Jack and then Queen. LOL! I flop a set, he flops a straight. Board doesn't pair so I'm out. So much for playing better it still got me to the same position. Oh well, there is always next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment