Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ladies Night!

Over the past few months we have had a rash of people pulling their cards out of the muck after the hand is over to show their cards. I have been making announcements about this at most of my tournaments that if you do this you will receive a one round penalty. As of yet, I hadn't ever actually given anyone a penalty until last night. We are almost to first break last night when a big hand happens and one of the ladies pulls here cards back out of muck to show the person next to her. I just look at here and say You didn't just do that did you!. She says what and I say you pulled your cards out of the muck. So, I give her a warning and tell her next time it will be a one round penalty. Then out of the blue she says that she wants me to give her a penalty. Ok, you have to sit out a round. Then I get up and make an announcement to the rest of the tables and tell them that they have been warned. There is only one more hand and then we are on break. I am chipping up at a table as they are finishing their last hand and right in front of me another lady pulls her cards out of the muck and now I have to penalize her because I did the other. Then later when we are one player from final table a different lady pulls her cards out of the muck right in front of me and I am forced to give another penalty. Last night we had 4 women play in the tournament and 3 of 4 got a penalty all for the same reason. I know that this is kind of a petty thing, but I have always believed in trying to run tournaments properly,maybe it's a gender thing! I never expected to ever give 3 penalties in one night! Got to love bar poker!

No comments:

Post a Comment