Saturday, April 4, 2009

Free Poker Night

Last night was my bar poker game at McCann's. Great turn out 35 in game one and 23 in game two. It was a crazy night with a lot of new people and many that over indulged. That's good for the bar anyway. It makes for an interesting night. On fridays I only play in the second game. We had alternates, so I was last one on table. My very first hand I was under the gun and called in the dark before getting cards. I look down and I have big slick suited in spades. Damn, I should have raised. Button raises to 1000. I call. heads up.. Flop is Qs-Jh-6s. I check, button bets 2000.. I decide to call figuring that I am ahead with all the draws and overs. Turn is a blank. I check, button bets 2000 which puts me all in. I decide that I am going to call. I have lots of outs and maybe a head, but unlikely. I announce to the table that I should fold but with all the outs I am going to call. Button turns over J-10 off. He has second pair and a straight draw. River is a 10 and I double up. I know I don't like to put my tournament life on the line with a draw, but i am trying to play a little more aggressive. I am conservative in nature and it carries over to my poker game some times. I rake in the chips and announce that I am the new donkey at the table. I got a laugh anyway. I managed to get 3 place good for the prize bubble! Now you know where the title of my blog comes from. Even though it doesn't exactly fit, the saying always a bridesmaid never a bride comes to mind. I suppose I should say groom! LOL

Heading out of town for the weekend to run my junior bowling tournament the CMJTT.
Back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment