Friday, April 24, 2009

This week!

Well it has been quite a week. Tuesday: I had to fill out paper work for my new job that starts on May 4th. If you take everyone in the room and took two of them and added their ages together, I was still older! LOL. At least I have a job. It also was my Bar poker game in Clearwater. My aces ran into a set early in the tournament and I was down to a few chips. Fortunatly the one that won my chips was a person that soon gave them back and then some. Was hoping to amke the points and did. I was pretty much card dead all night. That's how it goes some nights.

Wednesday: My first day to my lake place for the season. I have a lake lot with a 40" travel trailer on it on Lake Miltona which is 15 miles north of Alexandria MN. I wasn't sure if the ice would be out when we got there, but it was in the bay we are on and the main lake ice went out during the day. The first few times at the lake are a lot of work. You have to de-winterize the trailer, restart the water, put out the dock and lifts, and put in the boat. I have two boats. One small fishing boat with a 25 Hp motor and a fish-ski boat. I always start the year with my fishing boat for the early season crappie fishing. My lot is on a bluff with 60 stairs to the bottom. Because my neighbor didn't have thier chair lift turned on I had to carry my motor down the stairs. I get it down there and then it doesn't start. So, I have to carry it back up the stairs! Ouch!

Thursday: What a day! 87 degrees! That is 30 above normal for this time of year. Got a great sunburn and got the rest of my lake work done. All ready to go fishing next week! My wife and I were wore out so we decided to watch a movie early and go to bed. As I am watching the Wrestler (good movies) I notice lightning in the distance. Damn, now I have to go out and put everything away because we didn't think it was going to rain.

Friday: Wake up and where is the warm weather. Wind is blowing straight out of the north and it's 40 degrees. Got to love MN 40 degree swing in less then 24 hrs. Head home for Friday poker game. Interesting thing my Friday donkfest poker game. It is one of the craziest bar games I have ever run. I used to do two games a night and rand quick blinds in the first one so it woudl get done in 3 hrs. Well last week I dropped the second game and made the blinds longer. Now you would think this would make the tournament last longer, but not my Friday game. Longer blinds and finished 10 minutes faster then the week before LOL. Started with 5000 in chips and by first break with blinds at 75-150 we have lost half the field. Not so good for the bar. I may have to change the structure to try and keep people playing longer! I don't know if it will help though.

More later


No comments:

Post a Comment