Monday, January 10, 2011

1st CMPPA Event

Saturday was the first tournament of the CMPPA season. It was an open event to try and get membership. There were 33 members and 38 non members. Members started with a double stack. It was a fun event with members taking 8 of top 10 spots. I over all had a good day of poker with really only one miss play. It was a day with lots of inteeresting hands. Here are a few.

Early in the tournament I look down to see AA. I raise and get a couple of callers. Flop is K-10-5. I bet and get one callers. Turn is an A. I bet again and get reraised. I call. River is a 9. I check. He moves all in. It is a bigger size bet but not enough that I can fold. He turns over Q-J. Two hands later I have QQ and call a raise by a decent players. Flop is 10 high and stays ten high the whole way. He bets flop and I reraise. He calls. I bet turn and river. He has a set of tens. I have know lost 3/4's of my chips. Soon I have kk. LOl! Maybe I should fold. Pot is raised and reraised. I move all in and get called and double up. Yeh! I then play some good poker and move my stack back way above starting amount. I look down to AA. I raise. Another player moves all in. I call. He has 66. Flop comes A-9-? all hearts. He has only heart. Here we go again! Turn is a heart. LOL! River is a 9 to five me a boat! Finally one goes my way.

It was a fun time with some good poker play. It was nice to see. Congrats to winner Steve Kennedy. Next event in two weeks. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment