Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve 2010!

Happy New Year!!!!!

2010 came to quite a halt last night! I was running the regular Friday game at McCann's and wanted it to be a fun night for all. I decided to give extra chips and run longer blinds and have tournament last until after midnight. It was a fun night and disappointing all at the same time. I wasn't sure how many players would show up on New Years Eve and also had two regulars in Vegas getting married with lots of poker players invited. Congrats by the way! Turn out ended a little low with only 22 players, so I gave out 15,000 in chips and had 1/2 blinds to start then 20 minutes there after. I am making my announcements thanking everyone for coming out and said even though we had a poor turn out that we would have a good time. That is when a player lets me know that my competition was giving out extra cash prizes tonight, so now I know why the turn out is so low. Oh well, on with the tournament. Most of you that play bar poker know what happens when you give players more chips! Yes, they can chase even more! LOL! Overall my table was very solid except for a play every hand guy and that raises were pretty high for 25-50 blind levels. I am on the button with 10-6 off. Guy under the gun raises to 200. Several callers to me, so I call. I flop 2nd pair. A continuation bet is made by original bettor. I am thinking he might have hit top pair or he has a smaller pair. Bet is 600 with one caller ahead of me. I decide to see one more card and call. River is kind of a blank and he bets again 1200. For some reason, I am feeling like I am ahead. The other player folds. I decide to call. River is a 6. BINGO! He bets out 2500. I think about raising, but decide to just call in case he had a set. He turns over 8-5 suited. He had flopped a flush draw and bet it the whole way and went runner runner for a straight. It's ok. I still have plenty of chips. I am in mid position and have pocket kings. There is a raise to 200 and two callers when it gets to me.I raise to 1200. I get two callers. Flop is 4-6-6 two hearts. I bet out 6000. Women behind me pushes all-in to put me all-in. Other player folds. I am thinking she has aces or queens, because I was surprised by her call. I mull it over for a while and decide she must have aces and fold my hands and announce that I had a big pair but couldn't beat aces. She turns over KK. Damn I would have split. Good read and bad read at same time. Later in the evening the same women makes an announcement that the other bar was still allowing people in until 9:30 if anyone wanted to go. I look at her and say " Did you really just announce to all that they should leave this bar and go to it's competition!" I told her that it was the right thing to do and in the future let me decide on that kind of announcement. Just before this she had lost a big hand and still had plenty of chips but was a shorter stack. She then starts to play every hand. It is very clear what she is doing. I am about to say something after the next hand. I have K-4 suited and the button. 8-5 guy raises to 600. There are 4 callers before it gets to me. I call. Flop is K-10-6 rainbow. It is checked to her. She moves all in. One player behind me thinks a long time and must have a king with bad kicker and decides to fold. I was going to fold if he calls, but he didn't so know what to do. I am sure she is dumping chips and the original raiser must not have anything because he checked. I think about it a while and comment several times that I am sure that you just want to go. The call is all but about 600 of my chips. I call. Other player folds. I turn up my K-4. She has a 10. Turn is a 10 of course! She wins. I make a comment that it you want to leave just turn in your chips rather then go all in and actually take out someone that wants to play here. She picks up her chips and throws them all over the check in table and storms out. I make sure and thank her for taking all my chips and leaving. I did manage to double up several times and made a good come back but came up a little short of points. Overall it was a good night with the tournament ending at 1 am with a bunch of fun people at the end!

Moral is - If you are playing bar poker and you want to leave. Please just get up and give your chips to the directors. Trying to give them away doesn't always work and we don't want you there if you don't want to be there. It's more fun without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment