Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Interesting Sunday

Had a nice turnout for my Sunday game this week. Took my seat and went "Oh my god" what a table I had. It was very weak and unpredictable. It was clear from 1st hand that I would have to play careful. I had some very nice hands early. It didn't take long to realize that raising was futile. There was a minimum of 3-4 callers no matter what size the raise. Early in the second blind level, I was thinking about raising under the gun with K-J suited but decided to just call and see how it played out. Almost everyone on the table called and then BB raises to 600. It is a big raise and I am thinking they probably have me dominated so I fold. Everyone else calls. Flop is 3 of my suit ace high. I would have flopped the nut flush and the way the betting went I could have won a huge pot until the river paired the board. Initial raisers turns up a full house. So, I would have flopped the nut flush, but would not have been able to bet out the flopped set and would have been knocked out on the river. Nice fold. Later I called preflop with A-2 spades. Flop is two spades. I bet out and get two callers. Turn a blank. I check and so do other two. River is a spade giving me the nut flush hand and it also brought four cards in a row to hopefully give someone the straight. I check. Then both players move all in! Perfect! I call and take both out. Things go well after that and make final table with a nice stack. We are down to 5 players and I get 3-3 in early position. I can tell that BB doesn't have a hand, so I move all in for 27,000. Blinds are 4000-8000. it's folded to SB who says call and then puts out 4000 more because he doesn't realize that I had raised. He would have folded and I would have taken the blinds. I really didn't want a call but am now stuck with one. He turns over K-10 off and has me covered by 1000. Flop brings a 10 and I am out in 5th! Ouch! We get to heads up between the player that took me out and another player that never raises and only calls. For over half an hour the SB call and then it is checked down and whoever has the best hand wins. No raises or bluffs. I am thinking that this is never going to end. Finally one person wins 3 hands in a row and forces the other all in on the blinds and wins. Thanks God! I was starting to think I was going to have call it a tie to end the evening! That's what you have to love about bar poker. It doesn't matter how poor of a player that you are, eventually you will win a tournament

No comments:

Post a Comment